CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Practicum

This semester I finallyyyyy got to to what I have been waiting for for all these years!! I got to go be in a classroom, every day for four weeks, and teach a few lessons each day! It was awesome. The only non-awesome part was the 35 minute drive I had to take every day to get to my school. But, besides that, it was so wonderful. I feel like I learned more in the past four weeks than I learned in the past four years. You don't learn by listening to lectures, you learn through hands on experience. I was in the sweetest little first grade class with an amazing mentor teacher.
Kids do and say some of the funniest things--they were constantly making me laugh. One girl, upon seeing my old student ID picture told me, "You don't have red dots on your forehead anymore!" It was hilarious because I am pretty sure she has no idea what those red dots are. She was just making an observation on how I have changed since that picture was taken over two years ago.
One day, I decided to do a creative writing lesson. I was tired of reading the kids say, "I like ____. I like ____. I love ____." So, I read them a story that is told from a pet dogs point of view. Then, I had them write their own stories. They came up with some hilarious stories.
If you can't read 6 year old, it says, "I am a monkey! And I swing on the branches. I go like this ooh ah ah ah and I scratch my armpits. And I also sleep."

This one says, "I am a butterfly! Today I almost got caught in a web. I can fly! Ahhhh a spider! I ahhhhhh"

Cute Thanksgiving bulletin board the kids helped make


0 comments: