CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 15, 2011

West Point Weekend

On Friday evening my family took a 6 hour drive up to New York to visit our brother New Cadet King at the United States Military Academy. And we only left an hour behind schedule, which is quite an accomplishment for us!!

We went up to New York this weekend because of Acceptance Day. This is when all the new cadets are accepted into the Corps of Cadets. After the parade, everyone gets to visit with their families or sponsors.

I had been waiting for this day ever since June 27 when we dropped my brother off on R Day (Reception Day).

*****A quick Story*****
On Friday night we slept in a hotel. For once in our lives, everyone actually had a bed, and nobody had to sleep on the floor. We didn't get to the hotel until around midnight so we went straight to bed. Around 4:30am I felt something banging on my head. I woke up and yelped "WHY ARE YOU HITTING MY HEAD???" It was my little brother Jared. He just kinda muttered "Uhhhh" as he climbed back into his own bed. The next morning we all had a good laugh over Jared's sleepwalking.

Now for the pictures :)
My brother's bff...super excited!

Waiting foreverrrrr for the parade to start
Finallyyy :)


the mule team?? haha
During the actual parade, of course we could not find my brother. Everyone looks exactly the same. We had prearranged the Admissions building as our meeting spot for after the parade. We waited and waited and waited for what seemed like forever! But finally we caught a glimpse of this fine looking young man...


Mom gets the first hug
First Family Photo with Cadet King

I love my brother!




 









0 comments: